Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day Reflections...


As many of you know, Jill & I made a decision a long time ago to that when we had kids she would stay home with them. Well we now have two beautiful girls and we have kept to our convictions. It has been very hard and a lot of adjustments (financial and personal) have needed to be made (and we're still making them!) But we are convinced that her staying home and investing in the lives our our girls has made and will make a tremendous difference in their lives. Nearly everywhere we go, we are told that our girls are so happy and well behaved. I would give Jill most of the credit for that. She is a great mom, and the love of my life. No she isn't perfect; neither of us are. But in reply to all the folks in the world that say raising children is not as worthwhile as having a career, I would like to share this quote I found...

"A mother can touch a whole generation just by loving her own child well."

I look forward to seeing the impact her love for her girls will make in the future of our family and country.

1 comment:

Mike Messerli said...

great to see a picture. I think the last time I saw the oldest she was still a baby.

thanks for the post.