Monday, May 7, 2007

Musings . . . In The Beginning . . .

Thus it begins, this is my attempt at becoming one of the elite. I have found myself lagging behind long enough and therefore, in the words of the great philosopher Rafiki, "It is time!" I enter the ranks of those who BLOG. I welcome you who crave deeper waters, or those of you who have a dead moment in time and have nothing better to do than to see what Tony's thinking about lately! I am humbled that you would take a moment to consider what I have to say. In many regards, it may be much ado about nothing; however, since I, on occasion, I will endeavor to form articulate tho'ts in the hopes that as I attempt the discipline of journaling, for whomever to read. For those of you who desire truly desire tho'ts of true depth, I would defer to my co-laborer in Christ's musings, "The Life Interior."

My offering is not based on merits of a man who has it all together, but rather, nuggets that I have touched my life and I pray it may do the same for you. Greater men than I have set ink to paper. As I run across these, I will pass them along. It has been said that "experience is the best teacher" and someone completed that same tho't, "especially, if it someone else's." All that to say, if you can piggy back on my dumb experiences, God bless you! I would hate to think that all my stupidity was in vain!

Sometimes I may have much to say, sometimes I will allow the much wiser to speak in my stead. Nevertheless, my ultimate ambition is to encourage you toward knowing the Savior, Jesus Christ, in an intimate way which has been my only redemptive quality. To quote the Apostle Paul, "Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. "

Many start well, but few finish well. May God strengthen us all to that endeavor.

1 comment:

Mike Messerli said...

Cool! I look forward to your thoughts, and I really enjoyed our time together. Thanks. I will be praying for you!