Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My Boo-Boo

Just over a week ago, I did something stupid. I slammed my finger in the door to my pickup. It really isn't that bad, although, I don't care to repeat the experience anytime soon. As it has healed, I have been able to watch God's magic happen. Each day I can feel the finger get better, I am literally regaining the sense of touch in the tip of my finger where just a few days ago, it was numb. God is a master of restoration. He takes that which is wounded and useless and transforms it into something that is well and valuable.

The awesome thing is that God doesn't just stop at slammed fingers and cuts and bruises. He is a mender of broken, wounded lives. He gives us new lives...

"Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life. For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection, knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin; for he who has died is freed from sin." (Romans 6:4-7)

Surely our griefs He Himself bore, and our sorrows He carried; yet we ourselves esteemed Him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But He was pierced through for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; the chastening for our well-being fell upon Him, and by His scourging we are healed. All of us like sheep have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; but the LORD has caused the iniquity of us all to fall on Him. (Isaiah 53:4-6)

Thank you, Lord for my little "boo-boo" that reminded me of how you have healed all my big "boo-boos!"

No comments: