Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Who's Fault is It?

Decisions have been made, and along with much of the same pattern of past elections, blame goes back and forth as to how this could happen. Along with it comes the racial slurs and off color jokes. We have a new President-elect. I really don't care about their color, I care about their character-- their skin color has nothing to do with that. I am more sadden that our country has morally decayed to the point where wrong seems right. That speaks more of the lack of influence the Body of Christ has had on the society. I have said it before, I will say it again-- we have failed to be "salt and light."

The testimony of Scripture clearly shows that when evil leaders come to power it has more to say about God's judgment and cleansing of His people. As long as we continue to live in the mind set of "Heaven on earth" rather than "thy kingdom come," we will fail to be effective as a people of God. As long as we fail to do that which God has told us to do, and as long as the body of Christ looks exactly like those who are not indwelt by the Holy Spirit, the result will be God's judgment.

Thus begins the spiral. I told Jill this morning, now more than ever, we must not waver to instill in our children the knowledge of God's word and the perseverance of the saints. Their generation will see persecution, of this I am confident. I am, however, encouraged to know that God is still sovereign and in control, regardless of my comfort level. It is times like this we should be very familiar with the writings of Daniel and Ezekiel. In particular, how God's people should behave under evil leadership.

Regardless of who is in the White House, God is on the throne. So, if our nation goes to hell in a hand basket, whose fault is it? It's my fault.

2 comments:

Adventures of Sadie and Friends said...

Good Afternoon Tony,

Jim and I feel the same way that you do. Praise the Lord He still is on the throne. I'm not so sure that we will not suffer before Obama gets out of office. God has said you want it you got it. We were talking about Daniel and his 3 friends this morning. We may be there very soon.

We are done picking apples. It was a great experience, met many new people but it was hard work. It feels good to rest again. I hope we can find something to keep us busy for the winter. We may do it again next year, don't know for sure.

Give everyone a hug for us.

Love you all and miss you
Jim and Marcia

Anonymous said...

Tony,
As I have been reading through the old testament this year, it strikes me how many times God allowed a heart-hardened Israel to suffer for their transgressions. I feel like that is exactly where we are today as a nation. He is still a jealous God, and our wayward ways are not going to go unpunished. Even "the righteous" will suffer for their kind, and that is where we are as Christians today in a Godless society. Praise the Lord HE still knows the way through this coming darkness.
Love
Steve S.