Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Welcome to the Family!

We have added a new member to our family this weekend! I would like to introduce you to Polly my daughters' new big sister. Polly (her new "American" name. Her real name is too long for me to remember yet) is an exchange student from Thailand that will live with us for the next year. She is sixteen and will be learning about America and all the various things it offers. In addition to that, I am so excited to have her live with us as it will give me a unique insight into Thai culture since I will be going on mission to Thailand in January 2009.

Please pray that Polly will see Jesus in our family over the next few months. Pray that she feels safe and welcome in our home. I know the anxiety that my 10-day trip brings me, a grown adult. I cannot imagine her feelings, at her age, and for this length of time. She has such a sweet spirit and willingness to jump in and be a part of our family. Of course, Melody and Selah just LOVE having a big sister to play with. I will love her the way that I love my own daughters, and am grateful that her family entrust her with us. I do not take this privilege lightly.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Polly looks nice. I'm sure you will all learn a lot from eachother. As far as her feeling safe and welcome with you guys...you DON'T have to worry about that! You guys are the most gracious and hospitable people we know!

As For Me and My House said...

We are so excited to see a picture of Polly with your girls! Now we can put a name and face with our prayers for your extended family! We love you guys!