Friday, April 11, 2008

Slowing Down, Catching Up

Wow, it has been weeks since I have blogged. I feel like I haven't talked with an old friend. For some of you that read my blog, you are old friends. Blogging for me, in many ways, is spiritually therapeutic. I sit in a chair nursing a cup of java and pour out my thoughts on a keyboard to an unknown number of people in often times undisclosed places. However, it feels like I am sitting and talking with a long time friend (a friend with spell check mind you). So, in a wierd cyberway, I have missed you.
We are on vacation. A long awaited time of respite, and yet it hasn't been especially restful. We are visiting family. Enough said. This afternoon, however, Jill & I are going on a marriage retreat in Corpus Christi, and my sisters are going to watch the girls for a couple days. It will be the first chance we've had alone together for more than a few hours in years. I am looking forward to the uninterrupted time together.
The past few weeks, especially has been draining physically and emotionally. Nerves are frazzled and it is just time to break off and renew. You wouldn't think it was that big of a deal, I mean I spend most of my time talking to people or preparing worship services, but it really does empty me. If I did not have my morning times alone with the Lord, I would not be able to keep it up. I don't know how people do it without Him! This is getting long, so I need to shut up. I will start a new post that isn't so much rambling.

No comments: