Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Tunnel Vision

Melody is learning to ride her bike. Recently, she participated in a bike-a-thon fund raiser. Periodically, she would avoid a near collusion because she would busy herself looking back at me instead of watching where she was going.

I don't know about you, but I don't do so well trying to go in one direction while I am looking elsewhere. It seems when we take our eyes off of where they should be, we get into trouble. There are a number of passages in scripture that speak to this issue. Here are a few: 2 Corinthians 4:18, Hebrews 12:2, Matthew 14:29-31.

When we lose sight of where we are going, we can stumble, sink or be destroyed. I read this passage this morning, "Let your eyes look directly ahead and let your gaze be fixed straight in front of you. Watch the path of your feet and all your ways will be established. Do not turn to the right nor to the left; Turn your foot from evil. " (Proverbs 4:25-27)

Thank you Lord for Your Word helping me to stay focused.

1 comment:

jhh said...

"...a lamp unto my feet..." Thanks, Tony.